Shop 'Til You Drop Bag

Last night I finished my hemp string bag, just in time for the Hyde Park farmers' market tomorrow. I got the yarn as part of a kit from Hemp for Knitting at the Vogue Knitting Live expo a couple of years ago and finally got around to making it. I'm happy with how it turned out.



It doesn't look very big when it's laying flat, but I put a heavy book in it last night, and it really stretches. I'm glad the vendor told me to make the medium one instead of the large. The large would be flapping around my ankles. It was easy and fun to make. I really like these string bags over other re-usable bags because they fold up incredibly small and take up no room in a purse, so I can always have an eco-friendly shopping bag with me without carrying around extra bulk.

I think next I'm going to make a few dish cloths as a housewarming gift for my sister-in-law, who is moving into a new place this week. I have a ton of Peaches and Creme yarn in dozens of colors, so I have plenty of choices.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice, Rebecca! I can't wait to make mine now.
Foxy Knitter said…
You should definitely make it. It held a lot of stuff when I went to the market this morning, and the handles fit nicely over the shoulder.