Multiple Works in Progress

Last weekend I was traveling, so I started a pair of socks to take along with me. Travel knitting needs to be small enough to fit in my carry-on bags (I never check luggage--had a bad experience when coming back from Europe in 2002) and easy enough that I can work on it while talking to other people. Socks are perfect on both counts. The yarn is Knit Picks Felici. I believe the color way is called Afternoon. These socks are for me. Winter is coming, and I need more warm wool socks.

 


My at-home project is the Imagine When shawl/scarf, which has been making the rounds on the internet. I think half my friends have made one, and one of them gave me the pattern. I'm using Colinette's Jitterbug yarn in the color October Afternoon.

This is a photo of pretty much the whole scarf/shawl so far. I couldn't fit the very beginning section in the photo without climbing on a stepladder.


In the next photo, you can see a close view of the picot edge and the change from one section to another. The pattern uses short rows to build asymmetrical triangles on top of each other.


It's going to look really amazing when it's done. I'm very excited to wear it.



Comments